Friday, May 11, 2007

ABD

As of last week, I am all but dissertation--that is, all I have to do to graduate with a Ph.D is to basically write a draft of a book. In order to achieve this goal, I thought of marking my progress semi-publicly through a blog. If my posts are short, that means I am spending most of my time on research or actual writing. I hope that ideas aired here will help prime the pump, chart my progress, and invite encouraging words from friends and family. A dissertation can only be completed with lots of support--it is a process that will take at least two years and probably more. Wish me luck, fortitude, consistency, and inspiration!

1 comment:

Liz Findlay said...

Congratulations! You don't know me, but apparently you know Becca my sister-in-law! I am on the brink of also achieving the ridiculously fantastic title of "ABD". In 2 weeks I have my qualifying exams in Literature (from UC San Diego). What's yours in? GOod luck with "dissertating"... I hear it's a blast! ;)