Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Latin's End and First Brief Research Trip

Latin ended on Friday, with much rejoicing. It was hard work, and I am proud of myself for sticking to it. I now know enough Latin to identify what particular sentances I need to fully decipher, and I plan on practicing on some Petrarch soon. However, first I am taking this week to plan my first research trip to Venice and the Veneto, to see things that are background for the dissertation (Mantegnas, Titians, Carpaccios) as well as visit print rooms and hopefully some old friends. It will be a working trip, but I will celebrate my birthday in one of my favorite cities--La Serenissima. I'll take tons of notes, but I don't think I'll bring the computer--just my eyes, a notebook, a camera, and a healthy appetite. I hope it won't be too hot. Back in mid-September for some library research before the next trip.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi, Eva! Thanks for the note on my blog. I didn't realize you had this blog, too. I'll keep up with both.

Olise said...

Tempus Fugit. That's Latin for "it's been a long time," right? Hope you had fun in Italy! Wish we could go to Venice for "research purposes." Take care!